Friday, February 08, 2008

The Birth of Principled Thought

I’m not bragging with what’s about to follow but it’s amazing what your kids show you without even trying with the questions they ask? I pick my kids up during the week and take them out to Timmies on Thursdays. They have had three weather days this week, so I guess they have been watching The View, and my youngest now fourteen commented how Hillary’s daughter hasn’t bothered calling the conservative on the show when she’s called all the others, and then the conversation lead to a woman who voted for Hillary just because she’s a woman. Then my youngest daughter asked, “dad shouldn’t you vote on the person’s merits, and not because someone is a woman”. I had to stifle a halleluiah, and just smile (a rather big one) and say yes.

My daughters have made themselves very smart, and it’s a relief actually witnessing them think things through already in life (most of the time).

No comments: