Saturday, July 21, 2007

I've been tagged

Well looks like a rural lady has politely prodded me to actually type something here for a change. I wouldn't want to let her down. So I guess I have to list 8 things people may not know about me.

1. One day my alcoholic grandfather was babysitting me ( I know but here I' am), and some power on high sent me to his chair poopy diaper in hand, looking to him to solve my problem. The lord works in mysterious ways.

2. When I was eight my best friends older brother was threatening to beat him up and chased him into our house. Mom and dad where working so I chased him out of the house with an unloaded BB gun.

3. Heres one thats good for other peoples ego. I sucked my thumb sporadically until grade seven. One day we where having an assembly where a dental hygienist comes in and scares you into looking after your teeth. She showed the slide of a kids teeth that chronically sucked their thumb and the ugly results, Raymond (who later in life stabbed a man) said hey that's Scott the whole student body had a good laugh. I sucked it up continued to read Sci-fi on the bus....sucking my thumb for a couple more years. I've often thought if raising a complaint with the human rights commission and suing the school board would bring on my early retirement , after all I could fake a nervous tick.

4. I was president of the model rocket club in grade eight. We had a model rocket show where everyone launched the rockets they built,the whole school was outside watching . My one rocket had a glider that popped off when the ejection charge fired to deploy the chute. I put the glider on in a hurry not paying attention to the center of gravity. When it launched instead of roaring a thousand feet in the air it made it about a hundred feet up, and flew horizontal right over the crowd...... they clapped, I silently said thank you God and headed for the washroom.

5. There was this one incident in a corn field...... nah.

6. In high school I watched a friend walk up sobbing his soul out to a grieving mother at the graveside to try and say sorry for driving the car her son died in ...... she hugged him , and he showed us what having balls meant.

7. On the verge of eighteen went over to the dark side put my parents (family) through hell, not proud of it but never the less been there done that and thats that. Life goes on and you live with your stupidity.

8. As far as I know my biggest accomplishment will be my children there on their way to being women and thats fine.

Should have been twenty things I guess hey Leslie?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it should have been 20! Holy cow, Mugs. You've got stories to tell...

Thanks for tellin 'em.

Lisa Turner said...

Mugs;

Nice to see you posting again. I do hope this will continue. Though I now reside in the urban shithole we call London, I am still a rural girl at heart. Thus you can't refuse my request to provide 12 more things we don't know about you.

Maybe I can bribe you with some of my flourless chocolate cake :)

MapMaster said...

Growing up in Forest sounds more interesting (and dangerous!) than growing up in suburban London.

Mugs said...

Thanks for stopping by Lisa, I'll try and jot down a few more events :)
Your genuine enough that a bribe isn't required.

Mugs said...

Mapmaster I actually grew up in Arkona , only fifteen minutes away. Our teeth grew more crooked than those in Forest, and we had the pleasure of walking thru town after school with pockets full of ammunition, shotguns and twenty- twos over our shoulder while old ladies blew us kisses and pinched our cheeks on the way to the hunt. Thedford however took the cake its was know for its inbreeding (an ancient local joke).

Thanks for stopping by.

MapMaster said...

9. Mugs is an incredible photographer. I just noticed that on your sidebar tonight and spent a good deal of time browsing through your pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Lisa Turner said...

"Your genuine enough that a bribe isn't required."

Time for a group hug. Oh yeah.

Mugs said...

Thanks Mapmaster but I just get lucky most of the time. Just grasped a bit of photoshop this winter as well which helps a lot when shooting digital!!

MapMaster said...

Luck, maybe a bit, being in the right place at the right time and all that, but luck has nothing to do with the eye to see it and the talent to capture it. Maybe you could put them to use with a little photo-journalism of the next local kook rally!

Mugs said...

I don't want my camera to break :)