Monday, February 06, 2006

Disappointing? Not really.....

Wow, getting home from work and learning David Emerson has crossed the floor to the conservatives. Well to be honest in the past I had a local "liberal" MP who I wished would have done the same, as she was against C-68, SSM, as well as other things her government supported, she never did but she did drop out before the last election , my guess - she silently realized her party was way left of her small town - rural values, and found her conscience

I've seen it said Emerson is a blue grit (red tory?). Not my favorite kind of conservative, actually I'm more receptive to social liberals, who I believe are more deserving of the term confused conservative, than red tories are.

I certainly didn't like Belinda crossing the floor, and Mr Emerson I'm sure pissed off many voters in his riding, and conservatives outside of it as well, and I can't really agree with what he did on a personal basis. However Emerson is walking into a shaky situation - a weak minority(now stronger), where no one really knows whats going to come of this new parliment, lead by the conservatives.
He didn't exactly land into the kind of empire that Belinda enjoyed with Martin and the (thieving) liberals.

Myself I think Harper sees the bigger picture, in a positive sence for the whole country.Not just a few select groups.I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water yet.

My liberal lite alarm isn't going off.


I've always believed Harper has had a vision for a different Canada, one many of us can remember, its been boarded over by modern liberalism and its "insanity".
Harper wants to make all of us proud of the things that really matter , first though he needs a chance, and I'm willing to give him one.

Some great comments on Emerson's crossing can be found here.

Update Kate has an excellent post up

No comments: